Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Online Heartbreaks

All that steamy stuff going on out there! I got my own first taste of it playing the Neverwinter Nights online game. I was honestly not prepared for it until I was propositioned. I rolled with it. Enjoyed it. And started looking for it.

It didn't take long to find it. Lots and lots of it. And in the process made some intense friendships and also got creeped out from time to time.

Just lately, someone whose online persona I've been enthralled by for at least two years got together with me in a serious way and we sort of connected cosmically. We've both used the word, which you don't just throw around easily in these situations. We've all seen the news reports. "World of Warcraft Lovers in Suicide Pact". Scary right? Actually the Terri Horman thing here in Portland really put my guard up. And with good reason. Lots of people get burned online. And psychic vampires abound.

But don't we have all these problems in the material world as well? So when my paramour decided to go heavy into a relationship that seemed like a replay of "Story of O", my alarm bells went off. My heart sank into an abyss. Why do good girls have to be disciplined?! Especially when they've done nothing wrong. And I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about her.

We discussed the thing. Everything's good between us. But this thing I don't understand. Maybe in time it will be over and I can make this person see herself for the imminent goddess she really is.

This post is barely coherent, I realize, but I'm just pouring it all out. I don't know if anyone even sees this stuff. Maybe it's just as well they don't. But if anyone who happens by has had a similar experience, I'd be eager to know their reactions and thoughts. I hope to post more about this issue. No names or anything. The other person concerned my read it. I don't think I've let any cats out of bags.

2 comments:

  1. Love sucks at times trust me i know. My heart still huts from February. Some wounds don't heal so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, dear, you'll get through it. You're a strong person, I know. It'll just take a bit of time to accept, that's all.

    ReplyDelete